Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Birthday Cake for Mom

I just finished baking a cake for my mom's birthday tomorrow. It's called a Busy Day Cake with a broiled coconut topping from Better Homes and Gardens. You're probably wondering what is that purple thing, right? It's the best way to bake a cake - I also used it the other night for a Gingerbread Applesauce cake I made when we had another couple over for dinner. I ordered it from HSN.com when Suzanne Somers was selling her silicone bakeware line. HSN.com has many other silicone bakeware options to choose from as well. I like baking a cake in this particular style because it creates a flower shape, much more appealing to your guests than the traditional round cakes. And with the silicone bakeware, cleanup is a breeze. The cake just pops right out and washing the silicone is very easy. A trick that I found to make the washing even easier is to coat the silicone with a non-stick cooking spray (even though the silicone itself is non-stick, sometimes things still tend to stick to it). I insert the silicone cake pan into a non-stick pan for ease of handling since the silicone is very pliable. Hopefully the cake will taste yummy when we have it tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home