Monday, January 02, 2006

Pork Burgers

Here's a recipe that I created last week when I wanted to make burgers for dinner but realized I only had ground pork in the refrigerator. After gathering the ingredients I had on hand, these burgers turned out great. My husband and I couldn't wait to have them again the next night. Let me know what you think if you get a chance to make them (I apologize in advance if some of the measurements aren't exact, sometimes I tend to just throw things together and realize after that I should have made a note of the amounts used).

1 lb. Ground Pork
1 garlic clove chopped
1 tbsp. water
1/4 cup or less honey dijon mustard
2 tbsp. chili sauce
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp ground thyme
1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
1-2 slices of swiss cheese cut into small squares
1-2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
2-3 tbsp. grated cheese (ex. I used parmigiano regiano)

Combine all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl (I use my Tupperware Thatsa Bowl), if the mixture is still a little dry to form into patties, you can add in more mustard or chile sauce to your liking. Press down mixture evenly in bottom of bowl and divide into 4 equal sections. Form each section into a firm ball and then flatten and shape into a patty. Place each burger onto a skillet coated with olive oil. Cook until no longer pink.

Tastes great when served on slices of organic artisan bread (I used a multi grain loaf). Much better than traditional burger buns since most of the ones I've seen tend to contain high fructose corn syrup, preservatives to retain spoilage, and worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home